My name is Alpha M. Gunn. I am a licensed professional counselor in the state of Colorado. I am a somatic psychotherapist and nervous system expert specializing in holistic trauma recovery. I work holistically to assist you in engaging your body’s inherent wisdom and natural healing capacity. The work you and I will embark upon is collaborative and intentional. We will work together towards healing the symptoms of trauma that have been problematic in your life.
What makes me different from other therapists is that I have been dedicated to holistic healing as a lifestyle and a profession for over 22 years. I walk the talk of trauma recovery and use my own life experience and healing from extreme trauma to guide the work we do together. I have dedicated my life to paying forward the support I was offered early in my recovery journey. It is my intention to help put an end to the stigma that often accompanies mental health related issues and the long-standing impact trauma has on our lives.
I am blessed to have been trained in a variety of traditional, evidenced-based practices for treating various types of trauma. I effectively combine my training as a yoga teacher and yoga therapist with the latest neurologic research in the realm of somatic therapies, trauma informed practices, and mindfulness interventions. I assist clients in approaching their recovery journey in a mindful and intentional manner. The work we do in session is meant to cause a shift, to make a difference that really makes a difference, and to transform the issues that brought you to counseling.
Your therapy sessions may include engaged and active practice of mindfulness and meditation techniques, yoga postures and movement, breathing practices, somatic processing experiences, clinical hypnosis, and energy psychology techniques.
Regardless of the methods we use in your therapy sessions, I work from a client-centered, solution-focused, attachment-informed, resiliency model; which means I believe in the health of your body, the strength of you mind, the capacity of your life-force energy, and the depth of your spirit to know the answers and solutions that are right for you.
Licensed Professional Counselor, MA, LPC
License and State: LPC0005005 Colorado
Masters in Community Counseling from the University of Northern Colorado
Training, Certification, and /or on-going consultation in:
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dynamic Attachment Repatterning Experience (DARe)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Somatic Processing and Somatic Trauma Resolution
- Trauma Informed Mindfulness
- Rapid Resolution Therapy
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
- The Emotional Freedom Technique
- Healing Touch and other holistic modalities; aimed at honoring the healing capacity of your body-mind-energy self.
- Co-creator and master training for the following two training courses: Trauma-Informed Care for Alternative and Complimentary Health Care Professionals™ and PTSD and the Touch Response™